If you’ve been involved in a car accident, you and your family may be suffering from a lot of trauma and fear and may not know exactly what to do to protect yourselves. Our attorney, Robert W. Kerpsack, has had a lot of experience helping those that were injured in a car accident and can offer some tips for you and your family to follow.
When you’re involved in a car accident, the following can be very helpful:
- Contact the police – the authorities can help secure the scene, take witness statements, and determine who was at fault for the accident
- Gather evidence – take pictures of the accident, exchange information with all of those involved, talk with witnesses, and license plate information
- Contact our car accident lawyers – in order to properly seek compensation from your insurance company, it is best to contact our attorneys first. Insurance companies may try to deny coverage or offer confusing information and our lawyers can protect you from that
- Seek medical attention – even if you don’t feel hurt, you should be examined by a physician to ensure that you weren’t injured in the accident
- Don’t admit fault
- Allow our attorneys to contact your insurance company on your behalf
Seeking Compensation for the Injured
After a car accident, the last thing you want to do is go back and forth with an insurance company. Contact our attorney so we can help you seek maximum compensation from all insurance companies involved with the accident. We proudly serve clients in the Columbus, Ohio area and have decades of experience. Call us today at (800) 944-0755.