We Believe Victims of Negligence Deserve
Full, Fair, Just Compensation
When a large corporation causes harm to an innocent consumer, violates a contract with a small business, charges excessive fees, or otherwise breaks the law, they often impact a number of victims at once.
At Robert W. Kerpsack Co., L.P.A., our experienced Ohio class action attorneys know how to effectively pursue class action lawsuits on behalf of people and small businesses who have been harmed by the wrongdoing of large corporations. If you believe you have a valid claim for a potential class action lawsuit, call us today at (614) 766-2000 to schedule a free case evaluation. We can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Types of Class Action Lawsuits
Generally speaking, there are four main types of misconduct that are considered grounds for a consumer or small business class action lawsuit:
- Breach of contract – If a large company does not conform to its written promises to consumers or small businesses, then they may be liable for this misconduct. For example, if an insurance company increases premiums, despite stating clearly in a contract what rate will be charged, this may be considered a breach of contract.
- Fraud – If a large company willfully breaks its promises to consumers or small businesses, or lies about what it will do merely to obtain more business, then they may be acting fraudulently.
- Statutory violation – If a large company violates state or federal laws protecting consumers, then this may be a statutory violation.
- Illegal fees – When large companies charge hidden fees or fees that are prohibited by law, they should be held accountable.
Should a Class Action Lawsuit Be Used for My Case?
Class action lawsuits are usually started when it is not economically feasible to prosecute a single claim by itself. If many other people have suffered the same or a similar wrong as you, then it may be more effective to pursue all of the claims together as a class action lawsuit. لعبة روليت اون لاين
Courts will certify a lawsuit as a class action if:
- The class is so numerous that joinder of all members is impracticable.
- There are questions of law or fact common to the class.
- The claims of the representative parties are typical of the claims of the class.
- The representative parties will fairly and adequately protect the interests of the class.
Case Example: Insurance Company Misconduct
We obtained a sizable settlement in a class action lawsuit alleging that a well-known property and casualty insurance company misconstrued its policy and underpaid claims for years.
In the lawsuit, Ohio lawyer Robert W. Kerpsack joined with attorneys from Florida, Illinois, and Massachusetts to represent a physician and other medical providers who received patient assignments of health benefits provided under automobile insurance policies issued by an Ohio-based company. The amount in controversy on each individual claim was relatively small; however, when the claims were joined together in the class action lawsuit, the insurance company quickly changed its policy language and claims practices.
Experienced Ohio Class Action Attorneys
Class action lawsuits are usually complex and time-consuming, and require considerable attorney resources. If you, a friend, or a family member is a member of an identifiable class of persons or small businesses that have suffered a common wrong, then we may be able to help you understand and protect your legal rights.
If you have been harmed by the actions of a large company, we can help. Our firm has decades of experience fighting for the rights of consumers and small businesses. 1xbet شرح موقع We can provide you with the advice, guidance, and powerful representation your case needs to succeed.
Contact Robert W. Kerpsack Co., L.P.A. through the form on this page or call (614) 766-2000 to schedule a free case review with one of our experienced class action attorneys. We represent individuals and small businesses throughout the United States in class action lawsuits in Ohio courts. العاب تربح اموال حقيقية