We Believe Victims of Negligence Deserve
Full, Fair, Just Compensation
When your loved one undergoes surgery, you trust the doctor to perform the right surgery, to perform the surgery correctly, and to return your loved one to you safely. Unfortunately, many preventable errors that can lead to death occur during or shortly after surgery. If you have lost a loved one due to a surgical error, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your loss.
The wrongful death attorneys at Robert W. Kerpsack Co., LPA know how to protect your legal rights and to hold wrongdoers accountable. The law limits the time you have to act after a surgical error, so please call (614) 766-2000 today for a free, no-obligation discussion of your potential rights and options.
Surgical Errors That Can Lead to Wrongful Death
Medical malpractice can transform routine surgery into a life-threatening situation. Common surgical errors that can be life-threatening include:
- Anesthesia errors that result in post-operative respiratory failure, coma, brain damage, or death.
- Infections that result in post-operative sepsis, a deadly poisoning of the blood.
- Poor surgical technique resulting in an unintended cut (such as bowel perforation during laparoscopic surgery) or surgery material left behind in the body.
- Wrong surgery that can result in an operation on a healthy body part, leaving the area that needs treatment untouched. This also includes performing surgery intended for another patient.
- Improper device or placement can result in serious injury or death. If a doctor selects a defective device or fails to place the device in the right place, organs can be damaged or the device might not work.
- Poor communication or improper delegation can put your loved one at risk if the surgeon does not clearly communicate what other professionals in the room are supposed to be doing or if the surgeon has an unqualified care provider perform a procedure.
In all of these cases, the surgeon and other health care professionals may be responsible for your loved one’s death, and you may be entitled to receive compensation for your loss.
How We Can Help
The experienced Ohio wrongful death attorneys at Robert W. Kerpsack, Co., LPA have helped many families who have lost a loved one because of surgical errors. We can help you find out what happened to your loved one and why. We can then help you get the compensation you deserve, which can include:
- Lost wages, including compensation for unpaid labor such as housework and child care
- Lost health care and other benefits
- Non-economic damages including loss of companionship, mental anguish, and grief
Call (614) 766-2000 or contact our Columbus office online to discuss your case for free.